Thursday, June 01, 2006

Headbutts & Finger licking!

Magick has now been at the regular vet since Tuesday morning. And she's doing much better. I went to visit her today and she not only purred, but headbutted me and licked my fingers, which are the 2 things that make Magick herself. She hasn't been doing that for a long time, which was how I knew something was wrong. The techs also said she's been talking to them whenever they go by her cubby, which is something else she hadn't been doing. She would yowl to go outside but not talk like she normally did. They did another blood test today and the doctor said her kidney numbers had come down significantly, which is good, she's not yet back to normal but its a drastic improvement. They're going to keep her again tonight and she should be able to come home tomorrow probably with sub-cutaneous fluids, which I've done for Baby before. Part of me thinks she really did this for attention, you know with 8 cats sometimes it's hard to get 1 on 1 attention without a kitten jumping on your head. The other funny thing is, she wont use their cat box, turns out they use regular cat litter and not the scoopable kind. Talk about a finicky cat. Well, I'll know more tomorrow...

2 comments:

sara said...

I'm so glad Magick is doing better!

Marie said...

Glad to hear it!

Catherine is just the opposite....*hates* clumpable, but loves plain ole regular cat litter....finicky is an apt description for those cats of ours!