Thursday, June 29, 2006

Why the world needs Superman

I've been in love with Superman for as long as can remember. It comes easy since he was played by Christopher Reeve, with whom I share a last name. And I ran to every incarnation, the animated series, Lois & Clark, Smallville.. but this latest truly lives up to my childhood dream of him. If you havent gone already, go now. Go twice, this is how you make a Superman movie. It helps that it has the same stirring John Williams theme. And Brandon Routh has that twinkle in his eye that is very reminiscent of Christopher Reeve. And if you want a good villian, look no further than Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor. This is a truly evil Lex, a real nemesis for Superman, not a joke in a bad suit. Im so happy that it was good. And I hope they make many more as good or better than this.

No comments: