Thursday, June 22, 2006

Little rant.


Why do some knitters feel the need to belittle crocheters? How dare you say that my craft is anything less than yours! Today a woman came into my work and I was crocheting. The first words out of her mouth after I greeted her were "You're not knitting" (dirty look on face) I replied "No, I'm crocheting." She went about her business. Then when she went to leave she said "Do you knit as well?" I replied "No, I only crochet" (disapproving look on face, Hands on hips) "Well you just have to learn how to knit." I replied "I do not want to knit." And with that she left. I wanted very badly to explode. Why do I have to be treated like a second class citizen of the craft world? Do these people realize how rude they are being by acting this way? Do they just not care?? Maybe I was a little ready for this anger after reading the CrochetMe blog, she had a rant about book publishers and yarn stores discriminating against crocheters. But geez. Knitters please, leave me alone. I don't belittle your craft, don't belittle mine, or anyone else's for that matter.

1 comment:

Emy said...

Ugh. You know, it's all yarn, make it into something however you want. And maybe we'll make a nice long chain and tie her up in a room full of yarn and hooks. No needles, just HOOKS. Take that, lady!