Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Day of the Beast + 1

Well, another apocalypse past.. I wonder how many more I have to survive before I Shanshu...(obscure "Angel" reference)On the crochet front, Ive finished a halter top I designed for myself after failing miserably at the one from Sexy Little Knits. My stitch gauge was spot on but the row gauge was way off, dont know how to fix that, and the pattern had so many mistakes anyway I was done with it.. I still have to sew in the hook & eye closure for the back, but then I can wear it.I used Berroco Suede and some wooden beads from D&J Hobby. I had a picture of it up here, but Blogger is being dumb and wont let me put it up..Here it is on Flickr.

My next project is to use in Tahoe, its an intarsia Beach Bag! Im using Lana Knits Hemp for Knitting held double, so it's going pretty fast. It should be 20x 16 x4 when Im done, and Im going to slip stich on more detail. But here's where I am so far..


As you can see, Magick is doing well. I bought a present for her, the New improved and fancy, Litter Maid Elite Mega! It is so choice, if you have the means I highly recommend picking one up. It has a sleep timer on it so that it wont clean for a set 9 hour period. It has an Ionic air cleaner in the motor, the rake is now completely detachable so it can be cleaned, which is how my last one broke, got the motor wet trying to clean the rake.. Every complaint I had about the Litter Maid Mega has been fixed. And Pepper, who had been watching the broken Litter Maid for the last 2 years waiting for it to move, is so excited to have this now.

Well, I have to get back to packing, Im leaving for Indianapolis to go to TNNA. (The National Needle Arts Convention) I hope it will be fun. There the retailers luncheon on Friday and then the fashion show, then Saturday morning is the invitational Tahki/S. Charles Breakfast, and Sunday is the invitational Rowan Breakfast. I can't wait to see the new yarn! Ill take pictures if I can and post when I get back.

No comments: