Monday, May 29, 2006

Magick Peed

So we went to the emergency vet yesterday. And it was scary, Magick was so dehydrated her mouth would stay open if you moved it. The vet said that her kidneys weren't working. The have her on IV fluids to help open her up. He said that if she can make urine it will show that things are working and she might be able to get better. So I worried all day and all night and by 8pm she hadn't peed and I was scared to death. My mom said we could go visit her today to check on her. It looked like every other pet in the area chose the holiday to get sick or hurt too, the receptionist had to sneak us in the back to see her because there were no free rooms. But the tech said she had peed a lot and she looked a lot better, more like Magick and she purred. Then she peed all over the towel in her cubby. I never thought I'd be so happy to see her peeing on a towel before. She's not out of the woods yet, but I think she can see the road.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Yay, Magick! :)

Marie said...

Yay, Magick! :)

sara said...

I'm praying for Magick. I've got four cats myself and lost one earlier this year. I know how hard it can be. I hope Magick is peeing up a storm! :-)

Mel said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way on this one! Keep on peeing Magick - you can do it!