Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Being a good girl.

Ooh...Its been awhile.. So I will be good and update you. I'm thoroughly enjoying the warm weather, I've missed heat for so long. But now my forgotten enemy is back, Over-Air Conditioning. I hate going into the grocery store or movie theatre and they have the a/c cranked up so high ice crystals form on the vents. Anyway, Saturday night I went out with a few friends to see Christopher Titus at the San Jose Improv. He was hilarious as usual. I've seen him 4 times and its always so funny my sides ache afterwards.
Sunday was mother's day and my mom wanted to hang out in the back yard and just be lazy. So I was a good girl and helped her pull some weeds, which in still regretting with the pain in my legs from bending and stuff. Then it was hot so I took a nap..While my mom was watering some flowers out front she found this.
There's a pretty mama dove too, my mom put out some bird seed close so she can get it without leaving them for too long.
Then Monday, I left work a little early and went to Fry's and bought some canned air to clean the inside of my computer, the fan was making angry noises. The I rebought Warcraft 3, I had it but I wanted to install the expansion but it wanted me to re-install the original first, but I had lost the disc. So I spent last night playing me some warcraft till about midnight.

This is my newest project, I started it because it was too hot to work on my other ones which were wool or wool/silk blends. This is from Stitch & Bitch:Happy Hooker, its the "Violet Beauregard" skirt. I'm using some Tahki Cotton Classic I've had in my stash for years, I bought it on eBay right after I learned to crochet. The sizing is nice on it, I'm actually a medium, that hasn't happened in awhile. Its pretty easy, though not as opaque as I thought, definitely need a slip underneath.
As for tomorrow, I'm not sure if I will go to the Knitting Meetup yet, if I can get off work early and go home and rest and eat dinner, I'll come back. If I have to stay till 6 I'll be too tired to wait an hour and then go to the meetup at 7. I'll post tomorrow if I'm going.
There, happy? All up to date and everything. hehe. Now Im gonna go play some Warcraft.

2 comments:

April said...

good job Jen! see, i knew you could update your blog. :)

spinnity said...

Cute skirt-in-progress. Sorry about the 7 pm start time on the off-Wednesday meetups.. don't know what to do about our goofy schedule honestly. Maybe everything should start at 6?