Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Latest project


This is what I'm currently working on, it's called Clara's Concha Cap from Alchemy. It's made with their Bamboo, which I'm using the "Dragon" colorway. It's very pretty but doesn't show well on their website. If you know my sister, it's a very "Sara" color. Unfortunately I signed on for this before I realized it was made with a size B hook!! Oh the humanity. Luckily there's only 3 solid rows then the rest is lacey. The sizing is weird too, it only comes in a 23" circumference. I'm having a hard time getting the gauge right too, I have to undo the first row cuz the chain is too loose... I guess if it turns out too big I can always give it to my Big Headed sister. =) Hehe, I'm sure she's hoping right now that "Figgy" wont have her big head.
So spring is finally here, and I found something I didn't miss. Bugs. It was a nice day so we had the tops of the doors open at work and as I'm about to leave I see this giant ugly bug thing that was either a mosquito or a mosquito hawk, I can't remember the difference. So I left quickly to avoid it, only to get to my car and I can't get in cuz there's a wasp hovering around my driver's side door. I had to climb over from the passenger side cuz it wouldnt go away! I hate bugs. I wish I had a magic force field around me that kept all bugs at least 20 ft away from me.

No comments: