Thursday, March 30, 2006

I've got a digital camera. FEAR ME!

Here's my winnings from the swap! Im happy. The orange and green yarn is a wool kinda like Cascade 220 but handdyed. It happens to match a bunch of other yarns I have for a garment, SO I'll just have to use this to make a matching felted bag! Tho there's alot of it so it will be a BIG bag. The Knit Picks yarn is a furry alpaca blend that looks like a hairy mohair but its UBER soft, I might keep it or Ill give it to my sister. The Turquoise one is a loopy mohair boucle, the lavendar is I think a silk boucle, and the peach is a nice chenille. I also got a vintage Crocheting & Knitting book by Better Homes & Gardens from the 70s. Mary was looking at it and didnt give it back tho. >=T I plan on giving that to my sister since she collects Vintagy stuff like that.

This is my current project, it's Tilli Tomas' Ritz, Im using 2 balls to make a spiral scarf. Yummy handspun silk with beads & metallic thread. Of course one of my cats, Gato has found it. He's got an unnatural attraction to expensive yarn. His biggest lust is for Lorna's Laces. Anyway Im using an I hook (I recommend wood if you have it, the sound of metal sliding on glass beads is like nails on a chalkboard.) Ch 127 work 2 dc in each st on every row. So far im just starting the 3rd row, dunno how far I'll get.



This is my first original amigurumi pattern. Im teaching this at the retreat. The yarn is Fiesta "Chinchilla" color: Cinnamon. Unfortunately they've discontinued this yarn just as I discovered how much I like it. That's my Magick with the amigurumi, isn't she beautiful? The spots on her back form a pentacle, hence the name. =)







This is a Sea Star amigurumi out of Filatura Brilla held double, I wanted to do some sea themed one since the retreat is in Carmel-by-the-Sea. A friend from work said I should do this, next I want to try a Sea Horse.

I think that's all the stuff I've got for tonight... Bye!

3 comments:

Mel said...

The crochet kitty is so cute! Makes me consider dusting off my hook and giving it a try. :) Congrats on the new blog too!

spinnity said...

"Didn't give it back"??? That's CRAP! I'm looking at the book, you pack up, sail by my table saying "bye bye bye bye" and when you're gone, I still have the book. I figger it was FATE that you abandoned your book in my hands. :-)

I'll bring it next week.
-m

Frances Pauli said...

Your blog is fantastic! If you make that seahorse post it,...I'm dying to see one in Amigurumi that is cute...so far, no luck. ;-)

I may have to try to invent one too.

best of luck

Keri