Wednesday, March 22, 2006

First Blog

Well Im a newbie at this so hopefully it wont suck. Im currently pigging out on a whole bag of Safeway portabella mushroom raviolis. I didnt eat much today I worked from 10-6 then there was my Crochet meetup, that went till 9 so I think I deserve mass quantities of food. Im really digging my current crop of crocheters in the group. It's taken me a long time but Im getting there. Now if I could only get them to rsvp correctly! Yes means YES I AM COMING. Maybe is for people who might flake. I dont mind if your schedule is fluid, thats what the maybe is there for!
Anyway Im currently in the middle of preparing for the annual retreat in Carmel the last weekend of april. Im teaching 3 classes, Crochet Edges, Crochet Summer Hats, and Amigurumi. Im most excited about the amigurumi. So far Ive made a cute kitten all curled up, one out of Lorna's Laces "Revelation" and one with Fiesta's "Chinchilla". Yes, I made toys out of expensive yarn, Im a yarn snob and not afraid to admit it. Im currently trying a starfish out of Filatura "Brilla" held double. I think it will be nice. Then the big challenge will be, a Seahorse also in Brilla. I have no clue how Im going to do it but here's to it!

1 comment:

spinnity said...

I see the starfish was a total success and I can't wait to see the seahorse. I never crochet, but your little animal class has me all excited. Can't wait for the retreat!