Monday, January 14, 2008

some crochet

So I've been working alot on my submission for the CLF book. I finished my prototype on Friday, so Saturday I decided to go to Kiwi Knitting to get some yarn to do the finished product in. I had bought a nice hank of Buckingham alpaca/silk blend at Purls last weekend but because I didnt have a scale at home I wasnt sure it would be enough. So I brought my prototype with me and they weighed it at Kiwi for me. Turns out I might have enough to do it with the alpaca/silk but I thought I'd look around and get 2 balls of something just to be safe, since Purls didnt have 2 hanks of that alpaca/silk in the color I liked. So I bout some Crystal Palace Panda Silk. It's very yummy and shiny. I got it in the "Jade Tones". When I got home and tried it out tho, I decided not to use it for this project because I thought the varigation didnt work with the cables. But I think I will do another similar project with them after. So instead I started using the alpaca/silk and it's going to be very nice. I cant wait till Im done.

And I checked out Crochet Me the other day and found this. It was so cute I had to make one.
Talons4
Pepper liked him too, and kept trying to steal him and the yarn I used.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a super job with my pattern. sooo cute.