Monday, July 23, 2007

The sky is falling



This isnt a great picture as I took it with my phone as I was driving home from Vail this afternoon. I was taking care of these adorable kitties Victor, Mitzi, Puck and Lilli. I took care of them previously in April and im lucky enough to do it again. While I was there a massive storm rolled in and I watched it with them from the back door. It was crazy windy and the lightning was fantastic, at one point I saw 2 bolts strike parallel to each other, it was crazy. But on my way home it was drier at first then I saw that.. It really looked like the sky was falling. When I got up to that area it really was falling. It was raining soo hard I couldnt see out the windshield, it was literally greyed out. When it first happened I slowed down even more than I had already and ended up on the side of the road without even trying. I freaked and called my mom and then realized that the side of the road was starting to flood. So I started off again behind someone who had stopped in front of me. I went through maybe one light and it got bad again and I saw an area that was paved where others were waiting it out, so I stopped for awhile. I got the defrost on and it let up a bit so I started again this time behind a neon yellow mustang. I knew Id be able to see it and if it could go through a puddle then Id know I could. Eventually I made it home I think id like to watch these storms from the comfort of my house from now on..

No comments: