Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Look before you leap.

I should have thought of that... I went on another interview today. The place was on the other side of town and it sounded like a distributor of stuff. I didnt think anything of it as one of my first jobs was with Mountain Man Nut & Fruit Co. working in a warehouse where they distributed bags of dried fruit, nuts and candy and then the sold it to local offices. Well I get there and at first I think its strange because one of the other girls there to apply in asking the receptionist questions on how to fill out the applications says that she didnt finish highschool in Mexico, and she barely speaks english. But I knew they were hiring for a variety of jobs so I let it go. The guy doing interviews comes out to take another girl and right away he turned me off. He reminded me of Aaron Eckhart's character in "Thank You For Smoking" but not as likable. So when my turn comes up I was good it was short and I end up with a 2nd interview scheduled for Thursday. Mostly its an all day thing where I shadow someone from 9-5. I said ok, and when I left I called my mom to tell her about it. So she went on Google and searched for the company. (what I should have done before applying but oh well)The very first thing that comes up is on a site called Ripoffreport.com. Where a guy details how he worked there did the 2nd interview where he didnt get paid. Ended up working 10-15 hour days, mandatory weekends and getting shorted on his pay checks. And after I talked to my mom more about it I realized this is one of those companies that sells random crap door to door to other businesses. Like the guy coming in to the store or office selling disney coloring books and crap. Soo I dont want to do that, so I will not be going to this "2nd interview". But I will certainly be googling before I apply for the next one.

In other news, I fell down the stairs yesterday while running out the door to do a doggy service. it was sooo not fun. I slip down the carpeted stairs and scuffed up my elbow and bruised up my thigh in a tame version of an injury I saw in "A League of Their Own". As far as crocheting goes, Im still working on Vivi's Hobbes, its slow going so it might not be given until she's here. But I have plenty of things ready for her Shower. Ill post pictures after the shower on the 9th.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Have you checked out craigslist? http://tucson.craigslist.org/ There's not a huge amount of jobs, but it can't hurt.