Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wackiness ensues

So I havent updated in awhile, shoot me. I thought the template needed updating, like it? I looked all over for free templates but they were all kinda either boring or not me. So I just made a header and footer in Paint Shop Pro, and put them in the minimalist template.

On the crochet front, I finished my Bollywood Bolero that I made out of motifs. (Pepper had fun stealing them from me, Id find them all over the house) I really like it, I wore it last weekend when I went to the Pima County Fair with Mom, Bob, my Aunt Leslie, and Uncle Mark. It was interesting. There was a small stage when we walked in that had either a really bad retired country band or bad karaoke, we couldnt tell. We looked at spas and motor homes, then we went to the animal areas, where the 4H kids show sheep, goats, cows, chickens, bunnies and other stuff. The bunnies were sooooo cute. Everything else just smelled bad. Tho, there were a couple of peacocks which were amazing. Then we saw a bit of a roping tournament, 2 people on horses and they rope the horns and ankles of a cow to stop it. They didnt wrangle them down or anything, when they actually got them. The one I saw that finished they just stopped and held it for a second. Still kinda weird tho. Then we went in and looked at the crafts, needless to say the crochet was not of the quality Im used to. Most of it was blankets, and I saw 1 either poncho or shawl that was uber simple open net. The exception of course being the doilies which, while not my taste were beautiful and well done. The cakes were really neat, so creative. It reminded me of the cake my little sister Teresa made for her birthday. It looked like a water park with little Teddy Grahams playing in it.It was sooo cute! I think she needs to submit one to her local fair. Later we walked through the game area and I played one of those squirt gun races. I won. My mom says I shouldnt have, that someone else finished first, but I must have been cuter. I always win at those things. So I got a Care Bear. I thought it was Wish Bear but it ended up being "Thanks-a-Lot Bear", while a non-traditional bear, it has all the official stuff on it.

In Craft Kitten news, Im working on a brochure to send out to yarn stores so they'll carry my patterns. I'm also desperately looking for someone to test my Hobbes pattern for me. I do plan on making one for Baby Viv, but Id like to have someone else test it. See how cute he is? Don't you want to make him? Email me jennifer(at)craftkitten.com and I'll send you the pattern.(replace (at) with @)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Tiger! I'd offer to test him for you, but I'm up to my neck in projects right now. Have you considered looking for a tester on Crochetville.org?

Unknown said...

Looooove the Hobbes! Too bac I am an inept crocheter :(