Monday, January 15, 2007

Pretension

Pretension,nothing in the world bugs me more. Like in "Steel Magnolias", "An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure". I went to a cookie party last night and I made these very good cookies with white chocolate chips, walnuts and ground up bits of Malibu Rum flavored milk chocolate. They were good. There were tons of cookies so everyone was encouraged to take a few of each kind home. Well when this one girl was leaving, as she was told to take some of mine, she said "Oh no we don't eat white chocolate". As if it were below her. It just drove me mad. I don't care if its not "Real" chocolate. Who gives a crap? Its a bloody misnomer, don't blame the cookies! It was just a tiny little thing but pretentious jerks like that drive me batty. Maybe it's from my over exposure to goth posers but I can't stand pretension.

And no my yarn snobbery does not count. I don't look down on people who buy acrylic. I just feel sorry for them. And can't understand that if you can afford better why you don't get something that wont make you sweat. And the washable thing is not a good excuse, that's what cotton is for, and there are plenty of washables that have low acrylic percentages. RYC Cashsoft, or Debbie Bliss Cashmerino? These things can be found on sale. And Blue Sky Cotton is machine washable and dryable and comes in glorious colors for the whole family. So =P.

1 comment:

Bells said...

I don't eat white chocolate because it's too sweet! Not becuase it's not REAL. Some people.