Monday, July 24, 2006

Mmm side-effects.

Dont ya just love them?? Last week I started a new anti-depressant, the generic of Celexa. Today the side effects kicked in in full force, nausea, dizziness, and a major headache. And it wasnt my normal kind of headache, it was all stinging like like millions of bees stinging the back of my head. It was FAN-TAS-TIC. Luckily I was a work today and it was a lovely 74 degrees inside, but I couldnt concentrate on crocheting, so I buzzed around doing all sorts of little things. Making new signs, new handouts redid the class board.. I hope I dont make anyone angry by changing so many things, but I just had to keep working.

So, last week I drove down to LA to spend some time with my older sister. It was hot and very humid down there. I managed to get her out to see Pirates of the Caribbean on Thursday night. It was ok, definately not as good as the original, but so few sequals are anyway. It served its purpose, we were entertained for a few hours outside the apartment. Then friday we went to check out a couple yarn stores she hadnt been to before, The Little Knittery, and Black Sheep Knittery.

The Little Knittery was nice, lots of Rowan, Noro, Malabrigo and their own hand dyed yarns, which I helped myself to 2 skeins of their 100% silk sport weight 256yd per hank yarn. I think I will attempt a tank with some lacy stuff on the bottom. Did I say they were having a sale?? 50% off summer yarn and all Rowan yarn and 30% off everything else? So Originally 32$ ends up 22.40! Score! The store was a little strange and half of the store was yarn and the other was like a posh clothing store, probably cuts down on costs but wacky.

The Black Sheep Knittery was nice, kinda big like the front of KA. There was Colinette, a ton of Koigu, Lots of Alchemy, and much more. BUT there was no A/C. We didnt linger too long. But they did have a little bin up front with some sale stuff, I got a fabulous copper vintage looking purse frame and a very cute 3" round shell button. I was going to post the picture, but apparently Blogger is done with pictures for the day. Maybe later.

So this morning was fun.. some jerk decided it would be funny to throw a large stone through the back window of Bob's truck and break the windshield as well. Like we dont have enough problems. There's another 500$ we CANT afford! My mom is taking a temp job soon, and Im going to try and see if theres any restaurants near work that are hiring for night work, but I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back. My mom thinks we'll have to sell the house now. This isnt fair! We're good people, I give blood all the time, we donate to charities when we can, I helped a short lady at the grocery store reach a jug of water on the top shelf today. What do we have to do to not have all this crap keep happening?? Was I like a nazi in a former life or something???

On the Magick front, her numbers were looking good the other day, but she's not eating as much as she should, so we started her on an appetite stimulant and then if that works then we'll try her again on the epogen shots for her anemia. She's not handleing the heat well tho. Yesterday I napped with her and put a ice pack under her and one for myself. I washed her this morning so hopefully that helped her a little, but Im gonna go sit with her and coax her into eating.
Maybe tomorrow Ill be able to post pics of my finished Victoria Bolero 2.0.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel... It never ends does it. Love the yarn that you got....Have a great day!!!